Join us Saturday September 29th for a full day of bike goodness at Calhoun Cycle, culminating in our 6th Tiny Bike Shop Concert in partnership with Banjo Brothers and a drawing to win a FREE step-through Boda Boda Cargo Cruiser from Yuba.
We welcome back Brianna Lane, who’ll be playing with a full band this time around. Last fall Brianna rocked this Tiny Bike Shop with friend and fellow cyclist Peter Mulvey as a part of their annual pedal-powered tour. This coming Saturday we’re excited to host Brianna Lane and the Navigators Club, who you may have seen around town at the Amsterdam Bar & Hall, the Dakota, and the always bike-friendly Aster Café. As those of us who’ve seen her know, Brianna Lane is a gifted singer/songwriter in true Americana form. She writes and performs on an acoustic guitar as well as a banjo. The Star Tribune’s Jim Walsh calls Brianna “…a star in the making. She’s poised, ambitious, a great writer, a soul singer of the first order, and an accomplished guitarist.”
The concert starts at 7 p.m., but we’ll be celebrating the launch of Yuba’s new Boda Boda Cargo Cruiser from open to close. We’ll kick off the day at 9 a.m. with Boda Boda test rides open to all. Try one out for a chance to win one at the end of the night! You’ll have many chances to get your name in the drawing for the Boda Boda step-through starting right now:
- Test Ride the Boda Boda – Earn 1 ticket
- RSVP for the Event on Banjo Brothers’ Facebook Page – Earn 1 ticket
- Show us that you LIKE Calhoun Cycle on Facebook the night of the event – Earn 1 ticket
- Participate in our Urban Bee Hive Tour with Beez Knees – Earn 2 tickets
- Join us for the Kidical Mass Ride – Earn 1 ticket
- Get your picture taken trying on a Walz Cap between 5 and 7 p.m. – Earn 1 ticket
- Put pen to paper and tell us how you’d use a Boda Boda in your every day life – Earn 1 ticket
See below for the day’s full schedule.
Celebrate Cycling with Demos, Rides, Food, Music & a Chance to win your very own Boda Boda!
- 9:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Test Rides // Try out the Brand New Boda Boda from Yuba during the morning and early afternoon hours
- 2-3:30 p.m. Group Ride // Join us for an Urban Bee Hive Tour with Kristy of the Beez Knees.
- 4-5 p.m. Kidical Mass Ride // Families and kids of all ages (that means you!) will gather at 3:30 and take off at 4:00 for a Kidical Mass Ride around Lake Calhoun.
- 5-7 p.m. Red Wagon Pizza + Vendor Booths // Grab a bite and chat with local business owners about how they use Cargo Bikes every day!
- 7-8:15 p.m. Tiny Bike Shop Concert // Brianna Lane and The Navigators Club take the stage for a rollicking concert in an incredibly intimate setting.
- 8:15 p.m. BODA BODA Drawing // There’ll be lots of opportunities to enter to win a Yuba Boda Boda during the day. Must be present to win.
***Post-show pub crawl sponsored by Artisanal Imports and Banjo Brothers***