The Supercargo Canopy protects your kids, pets or your cargo from the elements. Compatible with both the Open Loader Supercargo and the Bamboo Box Supercargo, the Cargo Canopy attaches easily with an elastic band. Equipped with windows and flaps, the Supercargo Canopy will quickly become a cozy cocoon for the kids.
*The Supercargo Canopy was designed with an aluminum frame that is lightweight and won’t slow you down while it keeps you dry.
*Compatible with all Supermarché/Supercargo models
Check out the video here!
Andrew (verified owner) –
I have had the canopy for our supercargo for about 6 months now and have been using it daily over the winter. I have been using it with the open loader box. I really wanted to love this canopy, but I have been struggling to.
– The material is heavy and the construction seems robust. No issues with the quality of the materials or construction so far
– The window in the back is really helpful for being able to keep an eye on the kids
– The straps for holding all of the windows open are simple but effective.
– The canopy doesn’t fit very snugly over the box, and is only secured on the bottom by the tension of an elastic strip. This results in the canopy flapping around and separating from the box on windy days, letting in the rain and wind.
– The elastic strip on the bottom is critical for the function of the canopy, and elastic tends to be one of the first things to go bad on textiles. Seeing how this is a pretty expensive piece of textile, I have concerns about the durability of it over just a couple of winter seasons.
– The super cargo is already not an aerodynamic bike in the slightest, but combine this with the rain canopy, which you would be naturally be using on days with less than ideal weather and the bike catches quite a bit of wind and tends to lurch. This gets especially bad when the wind is gusty and the bottom of the canopy comes loose
Overall, I would rate this canopy as just “okay”. It will generally keep your cargo protected from the elements as long as you aren’t moving quickly or the wind isn’t blowing too hard. It seems like it misses the mark in making the super cargo an all weather bike for your cargo. I would really like to see some sort of way to secure the bottom of the canopy to the corners of the box. This would let keep the canopy down in bad weather and add a little extra tension for helping to keep it from flapping and pushing the front of the bike around erratically in the wind. Something like velcro patches or metal snaps would probably do the trick. I love my super cargo, but this is definitely my least favorite accessory.
Would I buy it again? Probably. I have to try and keep the kids dry and warm in the winter, and I don’t really have any other good options. Maybe I will do some modifying to the canopy and open loader to secure the thing to the box a little better, but for $250 I would have expected that solution to have already been built in.