So you want to build up your own Yuba Mundo Cargo Bike?
Here’s a post to help you cover the basics.
A custom Yuba Mundo is a great way to show off your personal riding style, from the look to the ride. Here are some basic components to consider when building your Mundo:
– Rear Wheel – The Mundo’s rear drop-outs are 14mm, not 3/8″ (10mm). So, you’ve got some options here:
- Purchase a Yuba Mundo Rear cargo bike wheel. This is the easiest and likely the cheapest way to go unless you already have a rear wheel.
- Purchase a set of Yuba Axle Adapters. These fit over the round axle and space a 3/8″ wheel in a Mundo dropout.
- Find/Build your own wheel based on a BMX-style 14mm axle. (You’re on your own here.)
–Yuba Seat post (it’s an unusual size at 31.8mm x 500mm, so its easiest to get it from us)
You can purchase a seatpost from Yuba. Our seatposts are 500mm. This is needed if you are over 6-feet tall. Otherwise, you can purchase a 31.8 x 350-400mm from most bike shops.
–Wheelskirts (if you ever are going to have children ride on the back, they’re required.)
We also strongly recommend these accessories:
– Utility deck — You can make your own, but in case you’d rather not…
– Stand-Alone Kickstand — Nobody makes a stand like the “Stand-Alone”. This kickstand ROCKS!
– Deflopilator — Keeps the front wheel straight when the bike is on the Stand Alone
And one more thing:
–Mundo Chain (156 links!)
(Of course, there’s always the full line of Add-ons to trick out your new custom Mundo, such as the Bread Basket and the Go-Getter Bag.)
Custom Mundo FAQs
Rear Hub Spacing: 135 mm
Maximum Tire Clearance: 2.15 in (with standard drive train).
When you’re done, we’d love to see a picture of your Custom Mundo, either by email, @YubaBicycles on Twitter and Instagram, or Facebook.